SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, January 1, 2018

Peace, Be Still

January 1st, 2018

Hey y’all! We taught Lia just about every other day this week and are making great progress. She’s such a good person and I love her so much. We had a great lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it really is our purpose while here on Earth to develop faith, repent, make and keep covenants, and become more like the Savior. Lia is so prepared to do all of that. Thanks for your prayers; I know they were heard. We messaged Lia early in the week to follow up on her Book of Mormon reading. She’s been reading every day so we asked her how it was going and what she was feeling. She said, “pretty good.. I definitely know it’s true”. Sister Dayley and I literally jumped up and down and hugged each other. I’m so happy for Lia. She’s still progressing towards her baptismal date of January 13th so keep praying for her. We are about to start teaching her about the commandments and how keeping them will bless her life so much. I was studying the commandment “follow the prophet” this morning to prepare to teach Lia and I read a quote that really impressed me. It says, “Those who listen to and follow the counsel of living prophets and apostles will not go astray. The teachings of living prophets provide an anchor of eternal truth in a world of shifting values and help us avoid misery and sorrow. The confusion and strife of the world will not overwhelm us, and we can enjoy the assurance of being in harmony with God’s will” (PMG). I love those promises. I know there is a prophet on the Earth today, Thomas S. Monson. I know God calls prophets to oversee the kingdom of God on Earth and without them it is so easy to go astray. Ephesians 4:11-14 says, “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive”. I know god lives and loves us. I know He blesses us. I’ve seen evidence of that this week especially in my family. God is a god of miracles who knows us each individually. 

LOVE,
Sister guthrie 


The district!!

Sister Waite always comes out teaching with us because she’s awesome!

I still don’t get this 

Peace, be still 



No comments:

Post a Comment