SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, January 1, 2018

Merry Christmas

December 25th, 2017
I just wanted to quickly wish you all a Merry Christmas. This year I’ve learned a lot about service. There’s no other way I would’ve rather spent this season. Serving a mission has given me the opportunity to turn outward and see the needs of those around me. As I’ve served I’ve been filled with the spirit because, “...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God” (Mosiah 2:17). This weeks service consisted of creating floral arrangements for the elderly, volunteering at toys for tots, delivering cookies, visiting the sick and afflicted, caroling, singing and speaking at a funeral, and teaching others the wonders of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
A few months ago, when I first arrived in Oxford, I met the sweetest girl named Lia at the ward Halloween party who isn’t a member of the church. She is really close to a family in the ward and comes to church often. Last Sunday I felt the spirit so strongly prompt me that it was time for her to start learning more about the church and the gospel. I even wrote her name down in my journal because the impression was so clear. We invited Lia to learn more and she said yes! We taught her about the restoration that same day and invited her to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized. She said yes! She’s praying about and preparing for baptism on the 13th of January. She’s an amazing girl and it’s a blessing to be able to teach her. The family in the ward who brought her to the church is so loving. They are an example to me of the way I want to do missionary work after my mission. They fully support Lia and help in any way they can. We joined them the other night for family scripture study of the Book of Mormon and it’s been so nice to spend time with their family and Lia. I’ve learned a lot throughout the past 16 months and I feel like I’ve been prepared to be here in Oxford at this time to help Lia come closer to Christ through the restored gospel. Please pray for her to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restoration. 
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world; the Messiah, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and Prince of peace. He is our Mediator with the Father, our brother, and friend. He was born for us. He lived for us. He died for us and rose again. He is the living Christ who broke the bands of death and atoned for our sins. I invite you to look forward to the new year with a hope of becoming more like Him, as His way is the only true way to happiness and eternal life. 

Merry Christmas!
Sister Bailey Guthrie
905 Kierre Dr.
North Little Rock, AR 27116

Pics
Spreading Christmas cheer!

Some of my floral arrangements for the elderly

Some of the sisters at the mission Christmas party 

A true southern porch

Toys for tots! (a fight broke out #skraightouttamemphis)

Christmas Eve pjs, hot chocolate and a fierce game of Rummikub

The Lund family tradition of pantyhose instead of stockings lol


The south

No comments:

Post a Comment