SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, October 10, 2016

Transfer Bus

Another 10/10 week in Paragould. 
Most of my pictures this week are from Monday evening when the Harmon's kidnapped us and drove us out to a massive field of cotton. On Monday nights we do branch FHE and on the way home the elders were driving behind us. Elder Gonzales jumped
out at a red light and flung open my door. I've never screamed so
loud. I was genuinely terrified. 
On Wednesday we had zone meeting in Searcy. The zone leaders had us do something really cool. They passed
around notecards and asked us to write down the things that distracts
us from feeling the spirit and keeps us from progressing. After we
wrote these things down we went outside and burned them while 
singing the Arkansas 

Little Rock Mission song. As we went back inside the Elders explained that we would be doing a 40 day fast of those things we had written and any others we thought of before Sunday. We read a quote by Neal H. Maxwell which says, "Real, personal sacrifice never was placing an animal on the altar. Instead, it is a willingness to put the animal in us on the altar and letting it be consumed!" Man, I just love that. I don't know if I'll ever stop being amazed at the principle of working to align our will with the Father's. I feel so blessed to have had an undeniable experience in my life where I was able to see the black and white comparison of my plan for myself and God's plan. I have a strong testimony that our Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and that if we follow His plan and keep His commandments,
we will find true joy and peace. Not to mention the countless blessings He has in store for us in this life and the next. There are a lot of ups and downs on a mission (pretty much every day). One
minute I'll start to feel down or get discouraged and then the next minute could be the highlight of the week. I guess that's why we are asked to "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.." (2 Nephi 31:20). 

Searcy Zone
Life is one big roller coaster, but when we turn to Jesus Christ always, He can and will confirm His presence and hand in our lives. On Saturday I was getting down, feeling like our investigators weren't progressing. I had the
prompting to call a woman named Michelle who we had been trying to contact for the past week. We basically had a lesson over the phone with her and it was so cool. The spirit was present and strong. I know that my Savior never has and never will forget me. "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88). There is great comfort in that. 


So, transfers are happening. Also, my first transfer (6 weeks) is already over. Weird. Sister Lange is being transferred to West Memphis and Sister Clarke and I are staying here in Paragould to train our new companion who we will meet

tomorrow. 
I'm going to miss Sister Lange so dang much. She's wonderful. Today Sister Green is staying with us in Paragould until her new companion arrives in Jonesboro. Man, I'm stoked! We get to have a sleep over. Heavenly Father knows I need to see that gal often. Tomorrow Sister Clarke and I get to travel down to North Little Rock to meet our greenie and start training. I'm so excited to spend a couple of days with President and Sister Wakolo. I'm always on a spiritual high after being around them. They are seriously two of the most incredible people I've ever met. This next week should be great just like every other week of my mission so far haha. Sweet is the work. God is good.

"Yeah, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have
graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually
before me" (Isaiah 49:16). I love my savior, Jesus Christ. I know
without a doubt that He loves each of us. He is our master and our
redeemer. He died for our sins. He is our advocate with the Father. He
has given us everything and asks so little in return.

Much love,
Sister Bailey Guthrie









No comments:

Post a Comment