SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, October 3, 2016

Called to Serve (as a trainer)



This week has been really great. The weather has been so beautiful. We
had exchanges again, but this time with the sisters in Jonesborrow. I
got to see Sister Green twice while we switched Sister Lange and
Sister Thomas. I guess most missionaries don't get to see their MTC
companions as much as I've been able to, so I'm lucky! Hi Sister Green
(if you're reading this), I love you. Norma, the Marshallese woman we
have been teaching is really progressing. When we first began teaching
her she was shy and wasn't very open. Over the past couple of weeks
she has completely opened up. When we see each other we hug and laugh
like school girls. She's so sweet. This week we taught her about the
plan of salvation. She loved it. I kept asking her if she understood
and if she had any questions (slight language barrier) and finally she
exclaimed, "ITS GOOD" hahaha. We talked to her about the temple, and
how inside families can be sealed together forever. Her face lit up.
Baptism is now just a step on her path, with the temple as the goal.
She is set to be baptized in a couple of weeks. This weekend was
General Conference. I loved it. I have been thinking a lot about
progression and the things that I can improve on as a missionary, and
a disciple of Jesus Christ. Isn't it incredible that through out our
entire lives, and in the eternity to come, we are meant to continue to
improve, to grow and to learn ALWAYS. There will never be a day when
we realize we are the best we can be and check it off our list. There
are always opportunities to be better, and to become more like our
savior Jesus Christ. That's the whole plan, the whole purpose of this
life. Our Father in Heaven sent us to Earth and created a way by which
we could return to Him AND eventually, become like Him. I loved what
Elder J. Devn Cornish said in the Saturday morning session of
conference. He said, "The answers to the questions “Am I good enough?”
and “Will I make it?” are “Yes! You are going to be good enough” and
“Yes, you are going to make it as long as you keep repenting and do
not rationalize or rebel.” The God of heaven is not a heartless
referee looking for any excuse to throw us out of the game. He is our
perfectly loving Father, who yearns more than anything else to have
all of His children come back home and live with Him as families
forever. He truly gave His Only Begotten Son that we might not perish
but have everlasting life! Please believe, and please take hope and
comfort from, this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us
to make it! That is His work and His glory." I think sometimes in life
we start to feel that the odds are stacked up against us and that we
are being set up for failure. In reality, we are meant to succeed and
we are meant to make it. "For behold, this is my work and my glory--to
bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39).
This is a comforting concept to ponder as this morning President
Wakolo extended to me the call to serve as a trainer. Typically
missionaries are trained for 12 weeks. I'm being asked to train
another missionary at what should have been the half way point of my
own training. Needless to say I felt a bit overwhelmed and unsure.
However, as I continued to ponder the phrase "yes, you are going to be
good enough and yes, you are going to make it" I felt comfort and
reassurance. "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in
Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of
all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word
of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye
shall have eternal life" (2 Nephi 31:20).

I know that there is a Father in Heaven who loves each of us. I know
that He created a plan for us to progress and find joy in this life. I
know that central to that plan is our Savior and Redeemer Jesus
Christ, who atoned for the sins and heartaches of the world. Through
Him I find hope and strength each new day.

With love,

Sister Bailey Guthrie


Feeding ducks

The district




On our exchange (Sister Clarke's eyes are forever closed)





After conference with Norma!
More second coming sunsets








No comments:

Post a Comment