SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, February 13, 2017

Hello Elvis Presley



I never thought this day would come, but here we are. I'm leaving Paragould, Arkansas after four transfers. On Thursday morning President Wakolo called me to be a sister training leader in the mission and I wasn't able to tell anyone until Saturday night when the transfer list got sent out. I read my transfer email Saturday night and found out that I'd be an STL over the Memphis North zone. Best of all, my area is Bartlett which is where the temple is. I'm pretty stoked to be going to the Tennessee side of the mission. My new companion is Sister Decker, which I'm so happy about. She trained Sister Lange, who trained me. So she's my grandma 👵🏼 

Sorry I didn't email last week y'all things have been crazy busy and I have a feeling the craziness has only just begun. Paragould is on fire right now, so it's a little sad to leave. We have been teaching a couple and their three kids for a few weeks now and they are all on date to be baptized this month. When I told them I was being transferred they all said, "aww, you won't get to see us be baptized". I couldn't even be sad. They are getting baptized, which is so great. We ended up having six of our investigators come to church yesterday. It was a miracle. The work is so good, and I'm sure it will be so good in Memphis. 

Lately I've been thinking about how liberating the gospel is. The more and more that I study from the Book of Mormon, the more undeniable the truth of it becomes. One of the greatest blessings of the spirit that I have felt as a missionary is clarity. For so long I wandered through this life in a dark cloud of sin and confusion. How miserable that was. Before I felt trapped and now I feel free. I testify to you that it is through our Savior Jesus Christ that we can be set free from the chains that bind us. 

Much love,
Sister Bailey Addison Guthrie

Sister Gummow and Sister Green

Brother Les the Bapt-acost (Baptist/Pentecost) Mormon freemason

Try to do missionary work after laughing gas
Stacking hippos, preaching the gospel 


Marshallese  and BBQ



No comments:

Post a Comment