SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas Y'all 🎄

Merry Christmas y'all!!!



It's been a wonderful week. On Wednesday we got to go to North Little
Rock for our Christmas zone conference. We had a Christmas program and
were able to hear from Elder Bahesti of the seventy. He gave us
missionaries five ways to change the world in 2017. He invited us to
make our beds every single morning, teach repentance, increase our
faith, baptize converts, and endure to the end (or get over the fact
that life isn't fair sometimes). We had our talent show, where we
performed our Filipino dance, and played games with all of the
missionaries on the Arkansas side of the mission. It was such a good
day! I really love big meetings like that because it reminds me that
I'm not alone in this work that can be tough sometimes ("we're all in
this together" from high school musical starts playing in the
background).

This week we had a couple of really good lessons with Billy, Chastity,
and their daughter Hayden (the wonderful family we are teaching). You
can really feel the difference in a lesson when the spirit is strong
and when it's not. It's easy to tell when it's not because you feel
like you're running into a brick wall for 45 minutes. We've taught
Billy and Chastity most of the lessons and they just feel like they
need some time to make sure it's right before they dive into "Mormon".
Hahaha they are so cute. I feel like that is totally a valid concern.
It would be silly to devote your life to something you don't believe.
BUT, I am so confident that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and
RESTORED and that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon will come to
know that for themselves. I know that sooner or later they will figure
it out and I am so looking forward to that day. I've been blessed to
have grown up in the true church of Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for
my great, great, great grandma who accepted the gospel in Denmark, was
baptized and immigrated to America. I'm so thankful for the other
pioneers in my family who made unimaginable sacrifices to bless the
lives of their posterity. I'm so thankful for goodly parents who
didn't give up on their rebellious teenage daughter!!

This week I started reading in 3 Nephi. In chapter 1 we read about the
righteous people who are waiting for the signs foretold by prophets of
Christ's birth. The wicked threaten the righteous that if the signs
don't come before a certain date, they would be put to death.

The verses following read, "10 Now it came to pass that when Nephi,
the son of Nephi, saw this wickedness of his people, his heart was
exceedingly sorrowful. 11 And it came to pass that he went out and
bowed himself down upon the earth, and cried mightily to his God in
behalf of his people, yea, those who were about to be destroyed
because of their faith in the tradition of their fathers. 12 And it
came to pass that he cried mightily unto the Lord all that day; and
behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, saying: 13 Lift up your
head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on
this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the
world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have
caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets. 14 Behold, I
come unto my own, to fulfil all things which I have made known unto
the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the
will, both of the Father and of the Son-of the Father because of me,
and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand,
and this night shall the sign be given."

As I read verses 13 and 14 during my studies and as I read them now my
eyes are filled with tears and the Holy Ghost gives me the strongest
feelings of peace, comfort and joy. Our savior Jesus Christ lives. He
loves us. He came into the world to redeem us. He lives and reigns
today. He came two thousand years ago and He will come again. I know
this with all of my heart. I will never doubt it. I will never
question it.

I pray that we will all remember The Reason for the season! 
Merry Christmas y'all and so much love.

Sister Bailey Guthrie


Get asked if we are sisters three times daily on average
Typical Arkansas porch



1 comment:

  1. Jack and I were driving home from Family Home evening last night and talking about these two and how MUCH we love them. I don't even want to think about the day they are transferred. They are such awesome missionaries.

    ReplyDelete