SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, February 19, 2018

God is Love


This week was so fun! We were able to do our info booth on campus for three days. We went out into groups of college kids and asked them to come write on our boards about what Jesus means to them and how they know that God loves them! We got a lot of participation and had some good conversations. On Wednesday this week we went on exchanges with the Walnut Grove sisters and I was in Oxford with sister Friend. A member in the ward had given us a referral for a family that he met through work. On wed. we were able to go over and teach the family and were were so surprised and excited about how open and prepared they are. We talked about the Book of Mormon and where it comes from. Towards the end of our lesson I felt the spirit so strongly and felt prompted to testify that the Book of Mormon teaches what the purpose of life is and that there is life after death. I teared up and just felt so strongly that the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith is a prophet, Jesus is the Christ, and the plan of Salvation brings peace. I love the gospel. I love the church. I love being a missionary. I’ve still been reading the Book of Mormon recently looking for manifestations of the love of our Heavenly Father. So many things testify of His love. In 2 Ne. chapter 26, Nephi says, “For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness. He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price” (2 Nephi 26:23-25). I love y’all.. see ya soon;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment