SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, August 28, 2017

Doubt Not, Fear Not

"Mom's in Practice" Sister Lange
Sister Lange got a new do
Spot the guy and I'm not sure what this animal is?

It's been a great week. I can't remember half of it but that's okay.
So much happens in a week it feels like a blur by Monday. On Wednesday
we road tripped to a small town called Arkadelphia to pay a visit to a
couple of our sisters. It was a nice experience and Sister Lange and I
learned a lot. The whole way home we talked about how much more
prepared we are for life because of all that we've been able to go
through as missionaries. I'm thankful for the trials I've been through
and also the trials I've seen others go through that have taught me so
much. That's really vague. Missionaries say vague things because the
whole mission experience is difficult to describe haha. This week
we've kept in close contact with the family that I wrote about last
week who showed up to church. I'm so impressed with them. They have
been asking us questions that we've been able to answer by using
technology (perks of the twenty-first century) such as "what is the
process of baptism?" and "what other commandments should we know about
so that we can make sure we're doing everything right?". They are so
ready to accept the restored gospel and are already involving
themselves in the ward. It's the coolest thing to see. Heavenly Father
works so perfectly with each of His children. They came to church
again this Sunday and we are having an official lesson with them on
Tuesday. We plan to invite them to be baptized. Prayers that they will
accept the invitation would be appreciated! Yesterday I studied
obedience. It's a principle I've studied all through out my mission
and I still don't seem to fully understand it because I struggle to
surrender my will sometimes. Obedience is the first law in Heaven.
Jesus Christ has said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John
14:15). I think sometimes we talk the talk more than we walk the walk
on that one. It's easy to say we love Christ but it's really freaking
hard to do everything He asks us to. However, the benefits (blessings)
are always worth it: happiness, confidence, peace, safety, health,
strength, stability, etc. "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in
heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings
are predicated. And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by
obedience to that law upon which it is predicated" (D&C 130:20-21).
I'm always thankful that Jesus Christ was willing to take my sins,
weaknesses, and shortcomings upon His shoulders. If He hadn't I'd be
hopeless. He promises, "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say;
but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise" (D&C 82:10).
Obedience is one thing I'm constantly working to improve, and I think
that that's just part of enduring to the end. You keep trying. You
don't give up. You repent and then you be better. That's really what
this life is all about. We fall and then we get back up (or rather,
Jesus Christ reaches out and pulls us up off the ground). He's always
there. He has said, "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let
earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock,
they cannot prevail.. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear
not" (D&C 6:34,36).

I invite us all to try to be a little more obedient this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment