SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Day Another Dolla'

Another day another dolla' my friends. 
Its been a good week out here in Memphis (or rather Bartlett). 
My areas so far (all two of them) have had discernible smells. Paragould was cigarette smoke and Memphis is weed. The word of wisdom is true. 

This morning we went and walked
across the bridge over the Mississippi River. Cool stuff. One time the
Mississippi ran backwards for three days. 

I'm so thankful for the birthday wishes and what not from y'all. I felt much love. 

This week we had a zone conference with the entire Tennessee side of the
mission. It was amazing. There were some talks given by the mission
medical team about companionship unity. They suggested we read two
talks, "Beware of Pride" by President Benson and "Lord, is it I?" By
President Uchtdorf. I loved reading the talk by President Uchtdorf.
What a cool concept that when Jesus Christ told His apostles that one
of them would betray him, none of them looked around pointing fingers,
accusing others of being the one. Instead, they each looked within
themselves and their own person commitment, and asked the piercing
question, "Lord, is it I?". When issues arise in our relationships are
we fast to point fingers and put the blame on others? Or do we search
ourselves for how we can improve. It takes a lot of humility to ask
the Lord what we lack. But, the moment we stop doing this is the
moment we stop improving. I'm reminded of the idea of the refiners
fire. Through trial we become moldable. Our Father in Heaven has the
ability to help us become the person He intends us to be, which is far
better than anything we could ever become on our own. My time spent as
a missionary thus far has truly changed me, which I am SO thankful
for. I know that in a year I will return completely renewed and
reborn. I don't feel that I've lost myself, but rather found who I'm
truly meant to be through the atonement of Jesus Christ. He is good
and the gospel is true. "And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that
all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and
people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their
carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed
of God, becoming his sons and daughters; And thus they become new
creatures" (Mosiah 27:25-26).

Your love, support, and prayers are felt daily.

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Bailey Guthrie
905 Kierre Dr.
North Little Rock, AR 72116


Zone conference (Sister Petersen & Decker)





Over the Mississippi River! Jean on jean on jean on jean #90s





Lady bug!!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment