SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE

SISTER BAILEY GUTHRIE
you are hereby called to serve in the Arkansas, Little Rock Mission ❤️ August 2016 - February 2018 ❤️

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

BED BUGS ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿž ๐Ÿ”ซ

No, the subject line is not a joke. 
We have bed bugs. 
On Wednesday night I head screams from the other room as Sister Hall and Sister        
Clarke found bugs on their mattresses. Luckily, there weren't any on
mine. However, we have had to spend a large part of this week
completely cleaning and de-bed bugging our apartment. We might as well
have just set the apartment and everything in it on fire, which would
have been faster and more effective. On Thursday we had to be in West
Memphis for a doctors appointment so Sister Cook drove us down there
and took us out to lunch. We were reunited with Sister Lange in West
Memphis. After the doctors appointment Sister Cook drove us across the
Mississippi into downtown Memphis so that we could see the city. The
Mississippi River is HUGE. We had a miracle lesson this week. A
preacher in his garage gave us a referral for his neighbor, Billy down
the street. We taught Billy and his family the restoration. The spirit
was so strong. The Lord promises in D&C 11:21, "Seek not to declare my
word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed". I've still been reading in Alma this week and man, oh man, there's a lot of good stuff in that book. In chapter 14 Alma and Amulek are out on their mission among the Lamanites. Many are converted because of the work and sacrifice of Alma and Amulek.
I'm a missionary
However, the remaining wicked people begin burning the believers. In verse 12 Amulek turns to Alma and says, "Behold, perhaps they will burn us also". Alma replies, "Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not". I was stopped right in my tracks while reading that verse. Alma was not only completely willing to die for the Lord (if it be His will), but he was willing to live for the Lord and continue in His work. In this time and world that we live, I wonder sometimes if it is more difficult to live for the Lord than it would be to die for Him. To truly, completely, with no exceptions, LIVE for the Lord. To surrender ourselves and our will to Him. To continue in His work, whatever it may be that He has called us to do. I want to follow the example set
by Alma and Amulek of unflinching faith and follow in their footsteps of devoted discipleship. I love my savior. I am thankful for His sacrifice. I know that all things can and will be made right, because He lives.

I hope y'all have a great week. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Much love,

Sister Guthrie

LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS









1 comment:

  1. There's nothing I love more than being able to drive these sweet sisters to their various destinations. For a little While, I'm young,giddy girl again

    ReplyDelete